- Funding for applicants will be prioritized upon economic need.
- This Fund supports full-time residents only.
- Funding will be considered to include but not limited to, members of the Winter Park workforce, disabled residents of Winter Park, former members of the Winter Park workforce (retired) and Winter Park families. As defined by the Town of Winter Park. An applicant is considered to be a member of the Winter Park workforce if they work 30 hours a week or 1200 hours a year in a job located within Winter Park or in a job that predominately serves the residents of Winter Park (even if the location is outside of the Town). New residents will be considered for assistance if they have employer sponsorship. If there are any questions about whether a job is qualified, please contact the Housing Coordinator for the Town of Winter Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Priorities for assistance are to be used for housing within the boundaries of the Town of Winter Park. Assistance must be used either by a member of the Winter Park workforce or for housing located within the boundaries of Winter Park. You can confirm whether you live in Winter Park by contacting the Housing Coordinator for the Town, email@example.com, or by viewing the parcel map found at: http://fraservalleyco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=fcb0beffd4dd457c9c4372f4e55ab300
- Individuals should be applying for assistance in the form of rental assistance, and or down payment assistance for home purchases.
- If applying for Down Payment Assistance, applicant MUST work with the Grand County Housing Authority prior to submitting application to fund. This includes but is not limited to applying for GCHA Down Payment Assistance Loan.
- This Fund will be used specifically for housing assistance by providing applicants with direct payments to their housing providers.
- This Donor Advised Fund of the Grand Foundation will not participate in any political campaign on behalf of any issues or candidates.
- If an individual receives duplicate funding for a request, the Housing Assistance Fund monies awarded must be returned.
- Distribution of funds will be made to the housing providers as the funds are needed and requested. Special circumstances may apply.
- Requests not following the Application Requirements and Fund Guidelines will not be considered for funding. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Request for prior monies due for housing assistance will not be considered for funding (i.e. back rent).
- An advisory committee will make funding decisions based on economic need and upon completion of committee meetings all applicants will be notified of funding decisions. Please realize that it takes several days to reach all individuals.
- All funding decisions by the committee are to be considered final. Any changes to approved grant requests must be discussed and reviewed with the committee prior to any use of granted funds.
- Applicants can only apply once annually.
The Why?According to the 2015 Housing Study prepared for the town, only 22% of the local workforce actually lives in the Winter Park community. The Town of Winter Park, residents and businesses have seen the need for workforce housing and recognize something needs done. Therefore, the community is committed to providing housing for members of their local workforce.
In order to address this problem, the Town is in the process of constructing subsidized housing so that it is attainable for workers in a wide range of economic situations. However, even with the additional housing that is being provided, there are many cases where individuals may slip through the holes to find themselves in positions where they cannot move into a place without assistance above and beyond what the Town can provide. It is under these circumstances where a Donor Advised Fund can step in and help an individual’s financial constraints, ensuring that Winter Park/Fraser Valley businesses can remain viable and ensuring that there is economic and social diversity in our community.
ApplicationThe application should be submitted according to the instructions on the application form. Questions should be directed to Megan Ledin at the Grand Foundation — 970-887-3111, Ext. 3