- Applicants must either be a member of the Winter Park workforce or living within the boundaries of Winter Park or the Fraser Valley.
- Individuals should be applying for rental assistance, move-in assistance (i.e. first or last month’s rent), and/or down payment assistance for home purchases
- Applicants must work at least 30 hours a week or 1200 hours a year
- Job must be located within Winter Park, or be a job that predominately serves the residents of Winter Park (even if the location is outside of the Town)
- Request for prior monies due for housing assistance will not be considered (i.e. back rent)
- If granted, applicants can only apply once annually
An advisory committee will make funding decisions based on economic need. Upon completion of committee meetings, all applicants will be notified of funding decisions within several days. The Fund will be accepting applications at several different times each year.
According to the 2015 Housing Study prepared for the town, only 22% of the local workforce actually lives in the Winter Park community. The Town of Winter Park, residents and businesses have seen the need for workforce housing and recognize something needs done. Therefore, the community is committed to providing housing for members of their local workforce.
In order to address this problem, the Town is in the process of constructing subsidized housing so that it is attainable for workers in a wide range of economic situations. However, even with the additional housing that is being provided, there are many cases where individuals may slip through the holes to find themselves in positions where they cannot move into a place without assistance above and beyond what the Town can provide. It is under these circumstances where a Donor Advised Fund can step in and help an individual’s financial constraints, ensuring that Winter Park/Fraser Valley businesses can remain viable and ensuring that there is economic and social diversity in our community.
The application should be submitted according to the instructions on the application form. Questions should be directed to Megan Ledin at the Grand Foundation — 970-887-3111, Ext. 3