Donor Advised Funds - BOCC
The 2017 Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) Annual Grant Application deadline is Saturday, October 15th 2016! The funding guidelines are below. Click here for a copy of the BOCC DAF Grant Application.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISIONERS
DONOR ADVISED FUND (BOCC DAF) FUNDING GUIDELINES
- The BOCC Donor Advised Fund Committee (BOCC DAF) will make funding decisions as the County Commissioners inform the committee (December) what the amount granted is and all applicants will be notified of funding decisions by the end of the year. Please realize that it takes several days to reach all agencies.
- The BOCC DAF supports a valid public purpose by funding community organizations, primarily 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, in Grand County with missions that provide, promote or enhance Grand County citizens’ access to basic “primary” needs in the areas of health and human services and education. The BOCC DAF may select and fund community organizations serving non-basic “secondary” needs within the community, but only after the basic primary needs are funded.
- Applicants for funding should be tax exempt under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) and 170 (b)(1)(A)(i.V.I.) of the Internal Revenue Code. Other not-for-profit entities or groups demonstrating a need will also be considered.
- The BOCC DAF will fund specific projects and programs that have measurable results (evidence of product, change in number of, etc.). Operational funding requests will be considered; however, the BOCC DAF are not in the practice of providing sustaining funds (multiple year commitments) to organizations.
- The BOCC DAF appreciates and encourages collaborative agency grant requests.
- The BOCC DAF will not participate in any political campaign on behalf of any issues or candidates.
- Organizations receiving funding in the past must have current progress and/or Final Reports on file in order to be eligible for funding during this cycle. Reports should include photos or digital pictures of projects. Please submit Final Reports as separate documentation. 2016 Final Reports are due on or before August 31, 2016 to be eligible for the 2017 cycle. If your organization was a “line item” in 2016, a final report is not required
- If an organization receives duplicate funding for a request, the BOCC DAF funds must be returned.
- The BOCC DAF make grant decisions once during the year. Distribution of funds will be made to the recipients as the funds are needed.
- Requests not following the Application Guidelines will not be considered for funding.
- Late requests will not be considered for funding.
- Request for programs or projects already completed will not be considered for funding. The BOCC DAF will not fund items purchased before the grant is awarded.
- Oral presentations to the committee are not part of the grant request process. However, the committee reserves the right to solicit a presentation from a requesting organization at such time it deems necessary in making funding decisions. Additional time to make funding decisions may be taken by the committee.
- All funding decisions by the BOCC DAF are to be considered final. Any changes to funding decisions must be discussed and reviewed with the BOCC DAF prior to any changes.
Note: All 2016 grant awards are required to submit a Final Report. This deadline is August 31st. Please send a copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Grand Foundation c/o Stacy Starr PO Box 1342 Winter Park, CO 80482
For additional information or questions regarding the process, please contact Stacy Starr at (970) 887-3111 or by email at email@example.com.